We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Indy Radio 6931 AM comments 26 APR 2023  (Read 260 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Indy Radio 6931 AM comments 26 APR 2023
« on: April 27, 2023, 2007 UTC »
I don't know why, but this station runs a supposed 15 watts of power and is better heard in Eastern North America than in most of Western Europe? It hits the SDR's in the Eastern Mediterranean well though. Puzzling. 

Offline N2MLP

• DXing Phenomena
  • NE Pennsylvania USA
  • Eqsl's to n2mlp.reports@Gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Indy Radio 6931 AM comments 26 APR 2023
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 2050 UTC »
I don't know why, but this station runs a supposed 15 watts of power and is better heard in Eastern North America than in most of Western Europe? It hits the SDR's in the Eastern Mediterranean well though. Puzzling.

Don't think its a low power station always has strong carrier
ALL RECEPTION IS DIRECT  QSL's are greatly appreciated!

Receivers:  FT-950--RSPdx (SDR)
Antennas:
560FT LONG WIRE
40M double bazooka
43 ft vertical
G5VR
Portable setup YB-400-Datong AD37active antenna or 25 ft wire

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 2056 UTC »

My guess is that Indy Radio is using a vertical antenna above a very good 'ground' (understand who wants...), so the transmitting pattern is better for DX than for short distances. Just the reverse of the NVIS idea.
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 0338 UTC »
I often used a vertical for my 14 watt Grenade and was surprised by the distance difference between it and say an inverted V, but I was nowhere near saltwater. Just hills, rocks, and trees. Lots of all three.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns