We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6935.1 AM East Indian Music, Stream Of Harmonics  (Read 841 times)

lightkeeper

6935.1 AM East Indian Music, Stream Of Harmonics
« on: July 08, 2012, 0251 UTC »
Came on about 0235Z playing music from India or similar. Voice ID's always seem to come during a fade. Peaking S5 on the west coast.
I have just been informed that the music I am hearing is, in fact, African music  ;) ;)
0302Z still in there but the static is starting to win out and I've missed several voice ID's
0306Z another voice ID..just can't seem to pull it ou0312 finally, got it....Stream Of Harmonics...hey, a bit different but, original  ;D ;D
0318Z another voice ID...Stream Of Harmonics ID confirmed...didn't quite believe my ears the first time  ;) ;)
0320Z signal is building on the west coast..peaking S7 now..still African music with female singing a mellow song with traditional instrument accompaniment
0323Z went off the air suddenly in mid song
0325Z back on the air
0327Z change in format....sounds like reggae now perhaps....static is getting pretty bad
0333Z King Of The Road
0334Z another voice ID
0336Z sign off followed by SSTV
Thanks, Stream Of Harmonics...looking forward to hearing from you again.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 0339 UTC by lightkeeper »

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: 6935.1 AM East Indian Music, Stream Of Harmonics
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 1823 UTC »
Carrier and perhaps some faint audio on the SDR recording, but that's about it.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns