We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Tornado 6950 USB 2017  (Read 1027 times)

Offline k8cpa

• View Profile
    • Email
Radio Tornado 6950 USB 2017
« on: May 29, 2024, 0501 UTC »
Hi All,

I used to listen to RMWW back in the 1990's, when I worked security midnights.

The story I was told that Doctor Tornado actually gave his Amateur Radio Station callsign, repeatedly on the air. which is something I heard him do once, it was in June, when Amateur Radio Field was happening.

I also heard that Dr. T. was a bit "In the bag" one night and actually threatened the FCC. Something to the effect of, "Let the FCC come try and bust me... I have enough guns to keep an army at bay for years."

Anyhow, I heard he was sent a warning letter and shut the station down for good. He was somewhere in the Pocono Mountains very high up and used a wire antenna.

Best,

-Chuck

Offline hdofu

• Baltimore, Maryland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Radio Tornado 6950 USB 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2024, 1801 UTC »
Radio Metallica World Wide was a fave of mine to listen to back in the 90s, Dr. Tornado, Seņor El Niņo , was a blast
Radios, County Com GP -5 ssb, Grundig Satellit 800, Tecsun 880, Sangean ATS 909x, Belka DSP, Eton executive Elite

Online Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
All reception direct-- From my location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 1547 UTC by Sealord »
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns