We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID wideband signal 22 Aug 2024 18:08 UTC  (Read 1233 times)

Offline circuitmike

• View Profile
UNID wideband signal 22 Aug 2024 18:08 UTC
« on: August 22, 2024, 1810 UTC »
I'm seeing a very strong signal, or two very strong signals right next to each other, between about 13920 and 13965 or thereabouts. It might be RFI but I've tuned a lot of interference over the years and this doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before. Any ideas?
QTH: Western Massachusetts (FN32rp)
Receiver: KiwiSDR (on-site)
Antenna: Wellbrook ALA-1530LN loop

Offline UtilitySeattle

• Snohomish County Washington USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UNID wideband signal 22 Aug 2024 18:08 UTC
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2024, 0840 UTC »
I'm seeing a very strong signal, or two very strong signals right next to each other, between about 13920 and 13965 or thereabouts. It might be RFI but I've tuned a lot of interference over the years and this doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before. Any ideas?

A recording would help with ID. I use Vocaroo which gives you a link to your audio that you could include in your posts.
A good resource for IDIng digital signals is https://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/Signal_Identification_Guide
SDRPlay RSP Pro and RSPdx-R2  MLA 30+ and drain pipe. Everett, Snohomish County Washington USA CN87VV

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns