We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WMVP (Chicago) 1000 am 0040 utc 13 Aug 2021 - "Field of Dreams" Game Live  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Two of the four food groups in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Just started coming in, very good reception (sunset in Chicago is 0054) - about 800 miles from me.  Chicago White Sox coverage of the "Field of Dreams" game being played in Dyersville, Iowa - town where "Field of Dreams" movie depiction game was played.  Game features Yankees versus White Sox.

0051 "They have scored 7 runs off Haney and it is 7-3 White Sox"
0053 Commercials in between half inning
0054 ID, Mobil live read commercial "Top of the fifth, 7-3 White Sox"
0056 "The count is 2-2 to the Yankee catcher, strike three called and one out"
0059 "LeMahieu has singled, walked, and scored once today......LeMahieu flies out to right field for the third out"
0105 "Fouled outof play for strike one."   
0107 "Gardner makes a leap at the wall and makes the catch, that went a lot further than I thought it would"
0109 "You are listening to the ESPN/Chicago White Sox Radio Network"
Will listen to the rest of game while doing sudoku's in bed - nighty-nite

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 0109 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Its coming in here. Peaks with SINPO=45444 with deep fades to no audio heard.

0055Z 35532 7-3 White Sox in the 5th.
0058Z 35533 ID: WMVP Chicago 1000
0141Z 35533 7-4 White sox in the 7th

National NC-125 with Bonito Boni-Whip antenna

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 0142 UTC by skeezix »
Minneapolis, MN

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
01:29 UTC - Good copy from my location, and that is with a 34dB NooElec Flamingo AM Filter inline with the receiver. Also had to bring the IF filter down to +/- 4.7 kHz to eliminate the splatter from 1010 kHz.

RSPduo | Wellbrook loop antenna | Toronto, Ontario Canada

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
Well I'm glad someone can get a good signal out of WMVP. Being a long time White Sox fan I was disappointed when they switched their flagship station to WMVP 1000 AM as I'm only about 80 miles NNW of their transmit site and I can NEVER get a decent signal on their 50 KW output.  I'm aware that their broadcast pattern is heavily favored to the South but c'mon! 80 miles ?!?!  Go figure
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Two of the four food groups in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email

Don - When the Yanks meet the Chisox in the playoffs, you're not gonna want to hear what happens....... ;)
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Well I'm glad someone can get a good signal out of WMVP. Being a long time White Sox fan I was disappointed when they switched their flagship station to WMVP 1000 AM as I'm only about 80 miles NNW of their transmit site and I can NEVER get a decent signal on their 50 KW output.  I'm aware that their broadcast pattern is heavily favored to the South but c'mon! 80 miles ?!?!  Go figure

When the MN Twins moved to KSTP (50 kW, with a night pattern to the west), people 20-30 miles to the east complained that they couldn't hear the games anymore. They had been on WCCO, 50 kW non-directional. They're back on WCCO these days.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile

Don - When the Yanks meet the Chisox in the playoffs, you're not gonna want to hear what happens....... ;)

Your guys won't even make it past the Rays, CT.  8)
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns