We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: down again...?  (Read 1162 times)

Nella F.

down again...?
« on: May 18, 2013, 2337 UTC »
frn.net/vines not there...whatever the proper lingo is get my drift? Oh... "diagnose connection problems". There! Appealing to the younger crowd, eh? hip to the jive .

Fansome

Re: down again...?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 0437 UTC »
It's definitely unreachable. A little research indicates that its status is "Inactive", which seems to mean that it doesn't have the requisite two name servers for being available on the net. Why this would be is a mystery to me, as the registration seems to be in order.

A handy utility for dealing with the FRN is the site "isup.me", which will test a site and tell you if it seems to be available.

Nella F.

Re: down again...?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 2052 UTC »
Neat! Just checked the site & frn still down. On the other "hand" "tube8" is  
                                                                                                 :o
definitely "up" though being @ the local library will have to take that on faith.
                                                         ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 2056 UTC by Nella F. »

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns