We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: dog walk log 1:27 utc 3/6/2014  (Read 842 times)

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
dog walk log 1:27 utc 3/6/2014
« on: March 06, 2014, 0217 UTC »
I went out early tonight as the hound wouldn't let me alone until she got her walk.

Radio Australia   19000 KHZ  fair/good
Voice of Vietnam English service  6175  KHZ via Wofferton UK good at sign off
WWVH/WWV  15000  KHZ  WWVH inbooming ...WWV not
Pirate  (found out it was blah blah blah after I got home)  6949  KHZ weak w/ occasional audio bits heard.
Radio Romania International  7325  KHZ  very good with excerpts from operas  Carmen & Samson & Delilah . followed by sports.

All heard on PL660 with built in whip. During the opera bits I folded the antenna against the radio & engaged the key lock & put the radio in my pocket & went "hands free dx'ing". Many portables cant handle that as the antenna seems to go funky picking up internal hash from the radio but the PL660 does it very well.

73 Y'all
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns