We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: VORW Schedule Reductions  (Read 607 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Two of the four food groups in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
VORW Schedule Reductions
« on: July 31, 2018, 2319 UTC »

Just received this email:

Dear VORW Radio Listeners,

Happy August! In today's newsletter I will be addressing a number of schedule changes, unfortunately a good number of broadcasts have been discontinued due to lack of funding. Donations to keep this program on the air are always appreciated via PayPal to vorwinfo@gmail.com

Our main change is that the broadcast via WBCQ on 7490 kHz, previously at 5 PM Eastern (21 UTC) every Thursday is now at 9 PM Eastern every Thursday (01 UTC FRI). All broadcasts to Europe and North America on Saturdays and Sundays are cancelled.

The current broadcast schedule is below! VORW Radio Int. is a weekly light entertainment radio show, featuring miscellaneous talk and listener-requested music. It's a laid back program where you can hear music of all genres and eras and even learn a thing or two about the songs and artists played! You can listen in regularly or infrequently and still be able to perfectly follow the show.

Thursday:

6 AM Eastern - 1000 UTC - 5950 kHz to Western North America
4 PM Eastern - 2000 UTC - 7780 kHz, 5950 kHz to North America
6 PM Eastern - 2200 UTC - 9955 kHz, 5950 kHz to South America
8 PM Eastern - 0000 UTC - 7730 kHz to Western North America
8 PM Eastern - 0000 UTC - 9395 kHz to Eastern North America
9 PM Eastern - 0100 UTC - 5850 kHz, 7780 kHz to North America
9 PM Eastern - 0100 UTC - 7490 kHz to Eastern North America

Friday:

Midnight Eastern - 0400 UTC -  9 PM Pacific Thursday - 7730 kHz to Western North America
5 PM Eastern - 2100 UTC - 9955 kHz to South America

Please send correspondence to - vorwinfo@gmail.com

Respectfully,

John (VORW Radio International)
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns