Where Can I Get Reports on Current Pirate Activity
Getting Up To Date Information About Pirate Radio
Pirate radio listeners often keep in touch with each other using real time chats. This allows them to immediately find out when stations are being heard, and what frequency to tune to.
- HFUnderground Rocketchat, the most active online pirate chat, sign up details here
- IRC, or Internet_Relay_Chat is one online chat system.
- Iann's Chat is a web based chat, which is very popular with European listeners and pirate station operators
HF Underground Forums
- Broadcast Announcements
- MW Free Radio
- FM Free Radio
- US Pirate Loggings
- EuroPirate Loggings
- Latin American Loggings.
Mailing Lists and Clubs
- The British DX Club covers pirates, as well as Offshore Radio. They have an email reflector on groups.io here.
- The Canadian International DX Club covers pirate news. They also have a Facebook and Groups.io listing; the listing is on the web page
- The Michigan Area Radio Enthusiasts also publishes logs and info about pirates on ALL bands both in its TipSheet (regularly) and occasionally in its print bulletin.
- Reports are also showing up in NASWA's weekly bulletin, the Flashsheet. You must be a member, and contribute, to subscribe to this publication
- The National Radio Club covers MW pirates.
- The NZ Radio DX League covers pirates. Their pirate page is here.
- Pirates may also show up on the Ontario DX Association mailing list on groups.io
- The Shortwave Bulletin is published by Hard Core DX and covers pirates. See this page for links for issue archives and instructions on how to join
- Recently, noted publisher and long time DXer Glenn Hauser has been including pirate logs in his World of Radio mailing list.
Facebook has some groups that have lots of pirate logs. This is often a very fast way to find current activity
- Canadian International DX Club
- Extreme Short Wave Listening
- HF Underground
- Michigan Area Radio Enthusiasts (MARE)
- NZ Radio DX League
- Ontario DX Association loggings
- Free Radio Cafe
- Free Radio Weekly
- Offshore Radio Guide (Dutch and English)
- Rick's Pirate Radio Blog
- Shortwave DX Blog
- The Free Radio Network
- The Spectrum Monitor an eMagazine that took the place of Monitoring Times. Regularly covers pirates
- A table of Greek MW Stations, including pirates Note: Use Google Translate
- Radio User
- Radio Kurier/Weltweit Hoeren is a German language magazine jointly produced by the ADDX (the largest German SWL Club) and AGDX (Federation of German and Austrian Clubs) that includes pirate coverage. Their international website is here (use Google Translate)
- Return to Pirate Radio New Listener Guide and FAQ
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.