Shortwave Utility Stations
Utility stations presumably serve a useful purpose, for example communication between ship and shore. Many of them only have scheduled broadcasts for a few minutes a day, making them interesting DX targets.
- HF marine bands
- Northern Canada Coast Guard
- Maritime Weather Transmissions
- Maritime Fax Transmissions
- RTTY maritime weather transmissions
- COTHEN US Customer Over The Horizon Network - CBP, DEA and others use this HF SSB network
- SHARES US Government/Military/FEMA emergency/backup system (emergency management, etc)
- Operation SECURE State/federal government intrastate and interstate emergency management system
Remote Control and Data
- Remote Control 26/27 MHz and 72/75 MHz bands (FCC Part 95 RC Radio Service)
- 26-28 MHz 11 meter band data link systems and pagers
Research and scientific
Strange and esoteric transmissions
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.