VHF / UHF Radio
Radio services above 30 MHz, while mostly focusing on US topics this list does include services only used outside the United States as well as international services such as the internationally-allocated VHF maritime band and the internationally-allocated VHF aeronautical band. While operating in the 26-28 MHz range, the 27 MHz CB Radio service is often lumped in with these services, but it technically exists in the upper end of the HF band.
- JAKT Radio 31 MHz Swedish Hunting Radio Service VHF low band 31 MHz Band (license free - Sweden only)
- Italian 43 MHz VHF CB Italian VHF-FM land mobile service 43 MHz band (license free - Italy only)
- RHA68 RHA68 Finnish VHF mid band 67 MHz-72 MHz band "68 MHz" FM license free service Finland only
- 78 MHz VHF CB 78 MHz CB Service - unlicensed VHF mid band VHF CB service in Thailand (see also: 70 MHz 4 meter band and OIRT FM)
- 245 MHz VHF CB 245 MHz CB Service - unlicensed high band VHF CB service in Thailand
- Freenet German 149 MHz Band VHF CB Service (license free - Germany only)
- FRS Family Radio Service - 22 channel license free UHF band (462/467 MHz) service
- GMRS General Mobile Radio Service - shares channels with FRS, but allows use of higher power and repeaters (simple license requirement)
- MURS Multi-Use Radio Service - 5 channel license-free "VHF CB" service available in the United States - includes information about MURS simplex repeaters
- LPRS Low Power Radio Service 216-217 MHz
- 142 MHz VHF CB 142-143 MHz VHF CB service, Indonesia (Indonesia also permits use of the Australian 476-477 MHz UHF CB service
- 409 MHz Public Radio Service China, Hong Kong - 409 MHz Chinese license free walkie talkie service
- LPD433 433 MHz low power service - Short Range Device SRD
- 350 MHz Short Range Radio 350 MHz UHF CB band 13 channel license free service allocated in India only
- 351 MHz UHF Digital Radio Service 351 MHz UHF digital radio service, Japan only
- 325 MHz Short Range Radio Service 325 MHz UHF CB band 40 channel license free Philippines only
- 448 MHz South Korean Personal Radio 448 MHz/449 MHz South Korean version of FRS, PMR446, etc.
- Business Radio FCC Licensed Business/Industrial Radio 25-940 MHz
- License-free Part 15 49MHz FM walkie-talkies 49.830 MHz to 49.890 MHz
- VHF LADD Canadian VHF LADD, Loading channels (LD) and Resource Road (RR) "Ice Road Truckers" trucking natural resource channels (Canada only)
- PMR446 European equivalent of FRS, extensive use in many countries with analog and digital voice - standardized across dozens of countries
- Lojack Lojack Automobile location system
- UHF CB Australian, New Zealand, Malaysian equivalent of FRS/GMRS - originally 40 channels, now 80 (77) channels
- VHF airband VHF airband aircraft radio allocation, used worldwide
- VHF marine VHF maritime allocation, used worldwide
- SINCGARS VHF-FM military tactical radio system, with ECCM capability 30-88 MHz in 25 kHz steps, often called "FM" or "Fox Mike"
- Civil Air Patrol VHF and MF/HF frequencies listed
- Nationwide Public Safety Interoperability VHF/UHF frequencies for the United States
- Remote Control RC R/C Radio Control RC frequencies for various countries worldwide (see also: Part 15)
- Hunt Club Frequencies VHF licensed business radio systems as hunting clubs move away from VHF marine and CB and 11 meters
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.