VHF / UHF Radio
Local radio services above 30 MHz (or 25 MHz, see below), while mostly focusing on US topics this list does include services only used outside the United States as well as international services such as the internationally-allocated VHF maritime band and the internationally-allocated VHF aeronautical band.
While operating in the 26-28 MHz range, the 27 MHz CB radio service/Citizen's Band (CB) radio service is often lumped in with these services since it is treated as a local service by most users and regulatory agencies alike.
Not all listed services are available in all countries.
- Militia and Patriot Frequencies standardized militia patriot handheld tactical radio VHF UHF frequency plans, using FRS/GMRS, MURS, VHF marine, etc.
- JAKT Radio 31 MHz Swedish Hunting Radio Service VHF low band 31 MHz Band (license free - Sweden only)
- Italian 43 MHz VHF CB Italian VHF-FM land mobile service 43 MHz band (license free - Italy only)
- RHA68 RHA68 Finnish VHF mid band 66-88 MHz low band 67 MHz-72 MHz band "68 MHz" FM license free service Finland only
- 78 MHz VHF CB 78 MHz CB Service - unlicensed VHF mid band VHF CB service in Thailand (see also: RHA68, the 70 MHz 4 meter band and OIRT FM)
- 245 MHz VHF CB 245 MHz CB Service - unlicensed high band VHF CB service in Thailand
- Freenet German 149 MHz Band VHF CB Service (license free - Germany only)
- FRS Family Radio Service - 22 channel license free UHF band (462/467 MHz) service
- GMRS General Mobile Radio Service - shares channels with FRS, but allows use of higher power and repeaters (simple license requirement)
- MURS Multi-Use Radio Service - 5 channel license-free "VHF CB" service available in the United States - includes information about MURS simplex repeaters
- LPRS Low Power Radio Service 216-217 MHz
- 142 MHz VHF CB 142-143 MHz VHF CB service, Indonesia (Indonesia also permits use of the Australian 476-477 MHz UHF CB service
- 409 MHz Public Radio Service China, Hong Kong - 409 MHz 20 channel Chinese license free walkie talkie service
- 350 MHz Short Range Radio 350 MHz UHF CB band 13 channel license free service allocated in India only
- 351 MHz UHF Digital Radio Service 351 MHz UHF digital radio service, Japan only
- Specified Low Power Radio SLPR 421/422 MHz/440 MHz UHF very short range radio service, Japan only
- 325 MHz Short Range Radio Service 325 MHz UHF CB band 40 channel license free Philippines only
- 448 MHz South Korean Personal Radio 448 MHz/449 MHz South Korean version of FRS, PMR446, etc.
- Business Radio FCC Licensed Part 90 Land Mobile Business/Industrial Radio 25-940 MHz
- License-free Part 15 49MHz FM walkie-talkies 49.82 MHz to 49.9 MHz
- VHF LADD Canadian VHF LADD, Loading channels (LD) and Resource Road (RR) "Ice Road Truckers" trucking natural resource channels (Canada only)
- PMR446 European equivalent of FRS, extensive use in many countries with analog and digital voice - standardized across dozens of countries
- LPD433 433 MHz low power service - Short Range Device SRD433
- SRD860 863 MHz - 870 MHz European short range service
- Cordless Phones - General information about cordless telephones, see also: Part 15 and DECT
- DECT 1.9 GHz 1900 MHz band cordless telephones, wide-area business cordless phone systems, full-duplex intercoms, etc.
- Lojack Lojack Automobile location system 173.075 MHz VHF
- UHF CB Australian, New Zealand, Malaysian equivalent of FRS/GMRS - originally 40 channels, now 80 (77) channels
- VHF airband VHF airband aircraft radio allocation, used worldwide
- VHF marine VHF maritime allocation, used worldwide
- SINCGARS VHF-FM military tactical radio system, with ECCM capability 30-88 MHz in 25 kHz steps, often called "FM" or "Fox Mike"
- Civil Air Patrol VHF and MF/HF frequencies listed
- Nationwide Public Safety Interoperability VHF/UHF frequencies for the United States
- Remote Control RC R/C Radio Control RC frequencies for various countries worldwide (see also: Part 15)
- Hunt Club Frequencies VHF licensed business radio systems as hunting clubs move away from VHF marine and CB and 11 meters
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.